SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED! THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE THAT ARE PARTICIPATING.
Today is the opening day for submissions for our Community Fiber Arts Show coming up in February! Registration forms are available at the library (they cannot be submitted online - they must be submitted with your project in person). Submissions will be accepted during open library hours from Tuesday, January 2nd, through Friday, January 26th. A completed registration form MUST accompany each submission.
Be creative! We can show small wall hangings, shawls, sweaters, hats, etc. but are also looking for original pieces. Some of our fiber arts community have come up with crocheted cheeseburgers with all the fixins', sewn applique pillows, mandalas, 3D embroidery art, etc..
The items will be on display for the public to enjoy from Friday, Feb 2nd through Thursday, February 29th. (All items MUST be picked up no later than Saturday March 9th by end of business hours.)
On Friday, Feb 2nd, from 6-8pm there will be an opening reception sponsored by the Library and The Stitchery for participants and their families to enjoy some refreshments while getting a sneak peek of the display.
Information and Rules:
- Ages 7+ are invited to participate
- Limit of (2) submissions per person
- The Library reserves the right to exclude any works
- All Fiber Art forms are accepted, including but not limited to: knitting, crochet, embroidery, crewel, macrame, quilting, weaving, felting, cross-stitch, rug hooking, etc.
- Size restrictions apply: quilts or hangable pieces cannot exceed an average of 36"x42" (approximately, depending on the shape, etc.).
- Items may be hung, placed in display cases, on mannequin forms, etc., at the library's discretion based upon size and space available. Not all items may be in locked display cases - some shelf-top areas may have mannequin forms or items that rest on top of the shelf. These will be in eye-line sight of staff, but nonetheless the library cannot be held responsible for any damaged/stolen items. There are security cameras in place throughout the library.
If you have any questions, please contact Colleen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-683-9457 opt. 3 and she will get back to you within two business days.